GA Conference 2017 #8 - the Exhibition

One of the great aspects of the GA Conference is the exhibition. Over the years, I've worked with a large proportion of the companies that exhibit, and know many of the people on the stalls. There are a few that I always make a point of saying hello to: the Ordnance Survey folks in particular, who I've worked with over the years, former GA colleagues, and the folks at the RGS-IBG in particular. Publishers include Collins, Hodder, Cambridge University Press that I've written for.

There were some very useful resources being given out, and various prize draws, as well as activities. Plenty of fieldwork options, including John Widdowson.

I also visited Andy Day, who was representing Tutor2U. One particularly popular resource they were giving away was a tear-off marking pad for the long answer questions that are in the new 'A' level.

There was also a British Red Cross stand which had a copy of my resource. There was a little washing line activity too.
They also had the best pens.

What were your favourite stands? Who do you think had the best freebies?









Comments